Job Level Junior
About CompanyOur client is the largest cocoa grinder in Asia and fourth-largest in the world, with a grinding output of 250,000 tonnes per year. They buy cocoa beans and process them into ingredients for chocolate making. Their operations have been larely unaffected by the recent pandemic. Instead, they have been expanding aggressively in Johor Bahru and are now in need of additional manpower resources including Safety Officers.
As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for :
- Conducting training (Related to safety, firefighting, environment and others) to educate all employees
- Liaise with DOSH, JAS, Bomba, local authority and other relevant authorities to ensure ISO compliance.
- Conduct safety inspection and audits company-wide.
- Ensure management of the waste water treatment plant operation.
- Management of all safety, health & environment related aspect within local regulatory act.
- Follow up preventive action and to minimize hazard.
- Investigate industrial accident case and prepare preventive and corrective action report.
- To lead the safety and health committee and carry out the quarterly meeting.
- Control activities of contractors/sub-contractors/ vendors/visitor at workplace on the Safety & Health procedures and ensuring all employees are in compliance with safety policies.
- Upkeep and update the ERP plan according to the latest plant layout.
To perform this role, you must have
- At least 3 years of working experience in the related field especially in manufacturing environment.
- Must possess a DOSH recognized certificate in safety & health or engineering or equivalent. Green book holder will be more advantageous.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health ACT 1994 (OSHA 1994), factories and Machineries Act 1967 (FMA 1967), Environment Quality Act and DOSH/DOE enforcement procedures.
- Certificate CePSwaM, CePBFO and CePIETSO (optional)
Excellent remuneration and benefits awaits the preferred candidate