Job Level Manager
About CompanyOur client is a Supply Chain Operator ranking among the top companies in its field in Europe and the World. A part of SNCF Logistics, which in turn is a business line of the SNCF Group, is the number one Transport and Logistics operator in France and ranked number four in Europe. The international reach includes a direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries. With its five lines of business (Supply Chain Optimization, Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Distribution & Express and Road Transport), our client manages its customers Supply Chain by providing end-to-end solutions enabled by our people, our infrastructure, processes and systems.
- Perform effective operational planning and deliveries involving optimum use of own fleet, contract hauliers and manpower
- Preparation and delivery of internal and external data reporting timely and accurately
- Ensure all operational requirements are met and, defined performance standard and customer satisfaction is maintained to the highest level
- Ensure timely, accurate invoicing to both customers and agents. Minimizing disputes, clearing outlay variances
- Ensure the branch job files are closed on time and in a manner adequate to reflect the actual financial performance
- Ensure effective communication process are established and maintained between supplier, internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot operational related disputes and attend to all stakeholder’s inquires timely
- Work closely with other support functions and road transport team to deliver a leading class service in profitable manner
- Advancing sales growth within existing revenue streams, and acquiring new business to increase revenue of road network division
- Support sales development efforts of other branches and agents by creating and implanting road network presentation/ blueprint
- Attending to Road Network related RFQ/ Quotation
- Sourcing and negotiating rate and service contract with contract haulers
- Control overheads to maximize operating profit, meet budgeted P&L targets whilst maximizing financial results
- Formulate yearly budgets
- Provides expert leadership and setting both the short and long term direction for the road network team.
- Motivating, developing & provide succession planning to staffs to ensure a stable future
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Develop, review, maintain & implement of ISO Procedure of Road Network Division
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations and company policy and procedure in respect of (but not limit to) transport legislation, health and safety, environment and working time regulations
- Perform additional duties as and when assigned by Senior Management
- SPM/Diploma/ Degree Holder preferably Logistics
- Senior level management experience
- Familiar with the principles and practice of supply chain management.
- Working knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry preferred.
- Familiarity with the financial aspects of the relevant local economy as well as international market conditions and trends, and international business issues, including currency factors and cultural differences.
- Excellent negotiation techniques
- Good sales techniques; concept sales, customer psychology and purchasing patterns
- Fluent in local language, comfortable in English and other languages that the job requires to manage customer and other contacts
- Excellent presentation techniques
- Good computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft office, etc.
- Knowledge of company goals and strategies